The Hamilton Scholars Program is a selective opportunity for FIU students who are seeking to make an impact in the issue area about which they are most passionate. The Hamilton Scholars cohort will consist of a wide cross section of majors, including from the social sciences and STEM fields. Applicants are welcome to address how they would make an impact on the issue area of their choice from a public policy, science, engineering, or other perspective/role.
Selected scholars will:
- Complete a paid internship in the Washington, D.C. area, aligned with their academic and career interests
- Receive an $1200 stipend toward expenses
- Access to housing with other FIU Hamilton Scholars
- Earn academic credit through a combination of in-person FIU courses offered at FIU in DC, located blocks from the United States Capitol, plus internship credits
- Engage with alumni, employers, and other professionals in the FIU in DC network through regular professional development sessions and being matched with a DC-based mentor.